At Corry & Christie we are committed to providing high levels of clinical care, quality products and competitive prices for our clients.
Being truly independent we are able to supply all types and brands of contact lenses and are happy for you to continue with a particular brand when relocating to us.
Modern contact lenses are safe, convenient, and extremely comfortable – in fact usually so comfortable that you can forget you’re wearing them! They can also offer advantages over glasses for many sports, hobbies and other activities.
Many people find wearing contact lenses for the first time to be a life changing experience, so if you would like to give them a try, or have any other questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
So, you've made the decision to try contact lenses, what are your next steps?
- Up to date Prescription
- Initial Assessment
- Lens Trial
- Lens Choice
- Before considering contact lenses, it is important that any prospective wearer has an up to date spectacle prescription. This prescription may be provided by ourselves or from elsewhere and should be no more than 1 year old.
- The initial assessment itself is absolutely painless and includes: a detailed examination of the front of the eyes, measurements of the curvature of both corneas, a discussion, and (if suitable) the choice of an initial lens type, chosen according to your lifestyle and requirements.
- A trial gives you the chance to try contact lenses for several weeks before deciding if they are appropriate for you. Our trial is available with all forms of disposables, and includes the initial assessment and fitting, instruction on application, removal and aftercare, and a follow up visit.
- Our aim is to find most suitable lens for all your requirements. We will be happy to discuss the benefits of different lens options with you, to ensure that you have chosen the right lenses.
- It is essential that all contact lens wearers receive regular check-ups (aftercare) to ensure minimum risk of complications. Following a successful trial/fitting, we strongly recommend that you join our Contact Lens Plan. This entitles members to unlimited aftercare appointments, trials of any new lens options and significant discount off spectacles, sunglasses, solutions and accessories.
Click + Collect
Corry & Christie patients can now order contact lenses online using our latest Click and Collect Service.
The risk of any complications or eye infections as a result of contact lens wear is extremely low and is usually the result of poor hygiene. Risk is also increased for smokers and for wearers who sleep or swim with their lenses in.
Your chance of developing a problem can be reduced by following some simple golden rules:
- Visit us regularly for check-ups
- Clean and disinfect your lenses exactly as advised
- Ensure your hands are clean when handling your lenses
- Replace your lenses regularly as directed
- Never rinse your lenses with tap water
- Don’t sleep in lenses
- Don’t swim with contact lenses unless you are wearing watertight goggles
- Don’t wear your lenses if you are suffering from a heavy cold or flu
- Replace your lens case at least every 3 months